Pages

Thursday, December 2

Anyone Out There? :)

Well, I'm going to slink back into blogging just before the year ends...we'll see if anyone is still reading!

We are at the very end of our house project. We've been blessed to work with wonderful, funny, smart people throughout the process and, even with the bumps along the way, it's been a good thing. It all looks so great and I can't wait to share the before and after pics.

Unfortunately, our current situation is one I'm finding very, very stressful. Until a week or so ago, the work (and mess) was largely confined to the addition and basement -- outside of our living space. We were crowded and a lot more cluttered than usual but it was workable.

However, now we have tile being installed in our master bath at one end of the house and the two near-complete doorways to the addition on the other end. Those doorways enter into the kitchen and the living room so the house is lightly covered in drywall dust at both ends. Between that and the workers making umpteen trips through the house means everything looks dirty. And I do mean everything. I try to clean it up everyday but this isn't like dirt tracked in from the yard. It's like ultra-slingy super dust!

I recently gave up worrying about what the men working here think as my very kind project manager advised me to do long, long ago. It's so messy, cluttered and truly dirty that I cannot possibly keep up. My focus has become keeping the kitchen, bathrooms and beds clean and attempt to keep us in clean clothes. That's less than the bare minimum, don't you think? It makes me feel like a complete failure as a wife and mother but my mantra has become 'it's only temporary, it's only temporary'.

Anyway, the final test of my sanity comes next week as we have hardwood installed in our entire current living space (except the bedrooms). I want to cry just thinking about it. I have no idea where I'll put anything much less everything.

And, yes, I know that asked for all of this and we know what a tremendous blessing it is to be able to do this. I only ask to keep my wits in the week to come...

Hey -- for anyone still reading, thank you!!

4 comments:

  1. Renee', you are not a failure at anything!!! Some of us have been checking 'regularly', and mostly patient with your blogging because of the ordeal y'all have been involved in. I'm EXTREMELY proud of all the canning you did yhis last year. I'm especially enjoying the apple sauce you gave me. The end is in sight, so keep the faith!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! You're back...Yipee! Hang in there on the construction; it'll be over soon and none of that will matter anymore :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for all the stress, but it will be worth it! Glad to see you are back.... I've been checking/waiting! :)

    Hope it all goes quickly and smoothly for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we stIll check on you!

    ReplyDelete