|Broccoli, sprouted lentils, summer sausage, radishes|
asparagus, basil, lettuce mix, early peas, raw goat milk
cottage cheese and strawberries
Here's my meal plan for this week based on what the girls and I bought. I'm adding a page to my blog as an index for all the recipes I write about. It's going to take a few days to get them all listed but, hopefully, it'll help if something sounds yummy to you!
- Radish Top Soup with Honey-Oat Rolls (Tessa has been stalking the farmers' tents on Saturdays in anticipation of radishes for this soup!)
- Black bean and corn fajitas, salad
- Salad with lentils, toasted baguette with pesto
- My Random Skillet Supper -- I came up with this Hamburger Helper-style dish one evening when I had little time and no game plan. It's easy to adjust to whatever I have on hand and is a family favorite. The general 'recipe' is a pound of ground beef or chicken, pasta (from our CSA which I'm trying desperately to use up), home-canned tomatoes or tomato juice and my homemade chili or taco seasoning.
- Black Bean Burgers on wheat rolls, steamed broccoli
I split a pound of sausage for:
- Sausage-spinach-swiss omelettes with roasted asparagus
- Homemade pizza with sausage and fresh basil
- Radish Spread sandwiches
- Honey-Oat Rolls with summer sausage and goat cottage cheese, blanched peas
- Leftover pizza (which is the kids' favorite lunch!)
- Egg salad sandwiches
- Fresh Pea Soup
- Strawberry Bread
- Whole Wheat Waffles
- Strawberry-Cream Cheese Granola
- Banana Bread (because everyone suddenly stopped eating the bananas lying around...)
And, last but not least, this divine dessert...
|Strawberry Shortcake with |
freshly whipped cream - YUM!