Pages

Monday, August 30

Why, Oh, Why?


Is it just me or does everyone have days when they obsess over their actions? I very rarely do that over things other people do but I'm a no-holds-barred self-critical type. It's my least healthy habit, for sure. 

For reasons I won't bore you with, it's been a emotionally-grueling day, packed with self-doubt and worry. I hate it when I'm like this. Fortunately, I have a little escape valve I use when I'm obsessing. It's both comforting and amusing in a self-deprecating sort of way...

A few years back, someone sent me a link to a Briggs-Myers personality test which C and I took it just for fun. I have no tolerance for psychobabble, but the results were really uncanny. We sat laughing and amazed as we read to each other the description of our 'types'. I'm telling you, my marriage got easier that day. Things about him that used to drive me nuts now seemed almost endearing and began to take on a logical quality (and when you read about my type, you'll see that things need to make sense to me!)

So, now when I'm doing my obsessive, the-sky-is-falling-and-it's-really-really-all-my-fault, I go back and read about 'myself'. If you know me, you'll get a few chuckles out of it.

So, enjoy at my expense! What's your type? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment