Pages

Thursday, January 7

Honey Corn Muffins

Because we've received so much cornmeal from our CSA, we have been eating a lot of cornbread lately. I'll take it over rolls any day and it goes so well with chili and soups. I came across this recipe in Real Simple which uses honey instead of sugar. Yum!

Makes: 12

1/2 stick, unsalted butter
1 1/4 c flour
3/4 c cornmeal
1 1/2 t baking powder
1 t salt
1/2 t baking soda
2 large eggs
1 c buttermilk
1/3 c honey

Heat oven to 375. Grease muffin tin.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, honey and butter. Add the flour mixture and stir.

Divide into muffin cups and bake until golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean, 30-35 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Renee. This is Mindy (Elizabeth's friend) I have honey in my house and have nothing to use it for so this recipe is exciting for me. Thanks.

    One question - how much baking soda?

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mindy! Sorry for the typo. It's 1/2 teaspoon. I've edited the post to show that. Thanks!

    Also, have you ever made your kids peanut butter and honey sandwiches? My kids love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can use products to make this gluten free. I love you!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete