Pages

Friday, January 15

Katie's Granola

Here is one of my all-time favorite recipes! I received this with a big bag of granola for Christmas from a client two years ago. It's so easy to make and is a great snack to grab on the run.


Katie's Granola
4 c old fashioned oats (I use 1 c old-fashioned and 3 c. steel cut for more crunch!)
1 c unsweetened shredded coconut
1/3 c sesame (or flax) seeds (I've even used ground flax in a pinch. Gotta have those omegas-3s!)
1 c chopped almonds
1 c dried fruit (optional)
Mix together. In a separate bowl, whisk together the following to make a syrup:
1/4 c pure maple syrup
1/3 c oil (I use olive.)
1/4 c packed dark brown sugar
3 T warm water
1/2 t salt
Pour syrup mixture over oat mixture and stir well. Transfer to lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 350˚ for about an hour or until evenly browned, stirring occasionally. (FYI, mine is always done in about 35 minutes.) Transfer to a large bowl and mix in dried fruit.

2 comments: